GUIDELINES FOR PENPETS PORTRAITS:
• I work strictly from photographs, so the first step in the process is to send me a selection of photographs of your pet. Simple snapshots will do. They must be well-focused and clear. My best photographic advice is to get close to your pet and shoot from his or her eye level. You may send photos by email or by snail mail. I will return any snapshots you send along with the finished portrait.
• I like to know a little bit about your pet’s personality. If the portrait is a gift, I also like to know who will receive it. This information helps me compose my portraits.
• Once I have seen the photographs of your pet, I will contact you to discuss the best approach to the drawing. At this time we can discuss the size, proportions, background details, black and white or color, and the price of the drawing. I also will give you an estimate of how long it will take to complete the work.
• Finished portraits are double-matted, white over black, and protected in a clear-plastic envelope. You will have to provide the frame.
• I mail the portrait by Priority Mail and insure the package for the cost of the portrait. All of this is included in the “Shipping, Handling, & Insurance” charge.
• I retain the copyright on any image I create to be reproduced in other formats such as postcards, greeting cards, calendars, bookmarks, posters, promotional material, exhibits, etc. If I choose your pet’s portrait for one of my yearly calendars, I will send you a complimentary copy of that calendar.